Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

August 2008 Salt Lake City

This was Adney's first "mailed" letter to me. They came with a bunch of roses in a vase and chocolates. He ended his letter with what I thought to be a normal greeting- "Hope you have a wonderful weekend." I spent the next two days thinking of him every time I saw the flowers on the table. I have forgotten how flowers can do just that-- remind you of the person who gave them to you! That Thursday night he showed up at my doorstep from Arizona. He drove twelve hours. For the first time, I knew that his visit was for me! His previous visits to Utah were for our common friend Ryan Rubio and the rest of the Filipino crew. But this time, I knew that it was just for me. Just me.

He had the whole weekend planned out. Friday night, we dressed up all pretty to go to The Roof, a nice restaurant located at the top of the JSM Building right on State Street, overlooking the magnificence of the Salt Lake Temple.

It was a gorgeous evening. We had dinner together for our first official date. Just us. We talked and took time to get to know more about each other. Although I have known Adney for six years that time, I have never really tried to get to know him with the possibility of “us” in mind.

We took a walk around the square that night. Just us. I learned more about him that night than the past six years that we have known each other.

When we got home to get ready for the rest of the night, we found my girls outside my place! While I was strolling around, there were my girls, locked out, freezing, but patiently waiting for me. J Gotta love the dream girls! The rest of the night was pure fun.

The following morning, Adney and I got ready for his “surprise”. Just us. He took me to The Kura Door, a japanese holistic spa.I haven't been so pampered in a long time.I was three months into my program and he knew that I was having the stress of my life.He said he took me there because he knew I needed it, and I sure did!He went to his own private room, and I went to mine.We didn’t spend much time together but it was almost like the flowers he gave me.Because I was thinking about him the whole time I was there.He told me that he fell asleep from the massage so we know he wasn’t thinking about me! Haha.We went to Tin and Connan’s place afterwards for some BBQ and summer fun. J

Sunday came too soon. We walked to the temple square and took pictures we will treasure forever! :)

To say that I had a wonderful weekend is an understatement. He made sure I had one of the greatest weekends I have ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment